Friday 26 August 2011

For my old man

Last week my wonderful cat Monty died. I still find it hard to deal with the fact he's gone, but painting this helped. He was special to me - my old man - and truly a beautiful cat. He had a good long life though for which I am extremely grateful.


Inspired by the amazing Marta Nael. I have been getting back into painting more over the summer; learning lots and having fun. I'm always slightly too tentative though so attempting an Impressionistic style like Marta's encouraged me to be a bit more free and expressive. It's kind of appropriate :)

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty picture! I love how expressive it is! I am sorry for your loss though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( 'Tis sad. Really great picture: Reminded me I need to try out some stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kat this is beautiful!!!
    Im so sorry for your loss!! By the sound of it, i'm sure ol' Monty lived a long and happy life.
    You'll see my ol man doggy pop up all over my blog. I lost him when i was in my second year at the AIB on the exchange in Paris. I was (and still am) heat broken and still miss him (6years on) so very much!
    I often find, drawing my dog or others just like him, really help lift my mood if i am feeling glum. He was the happiest dog in the world and would make any body smile.... even none dog people!! :)
    This is a wonderful tribute, and such a beautiful picture. I love the style and colours!
    Im sure he is purring with delight and watching over you in kitty kat heaven!!
    All the best dude and i hope your enjoying your 2nd year!
    Lots of love to all the cool cats out there KAT,
    TCat.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, i like the little tears in his ears! Really adds character!! :)

    ReplyDelete